Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Rich Woods; President Elect – Dave Eppelsheimer; Vice president – Eli Potkonjak; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Taylor Poehls.
Directors: Bob Gross, Warren Carity, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz, Ed Ellingson, John Foley
Looking forward to the meeting of February 19, 2013
Don Nordholm – February 18
February 14 – Directors' meeting at Alioto's.
February 19 – Our speaker will be Jean Bachhuber of Oak Park Place, who has a
lot of experience dealing with Alzheimer's disease.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: The WEHS Key Club officers, plus Officer Marty Keck, were our guests this week. The Key Club is going strong, with about 75 paid members and even more students participating – including guys! The Club's immediate plans are to assist with the Longfellow basketball tournament and Wauwatosa Children's Theater, and they are working with the WWHS Key Club on a Relay for Life event. Our other guest was Tamara Martinsek, who will be back on March 19 to present a program about Kids From Wisconsin, of which she is the executive director.
Our speaker was Maria Nicholas Groves, telling us about Feeding Mouths Filling Minds, which she started with her husband to work with schools and orphanages to create sustainable food systems. They've provided chickens to Kenya and are working on building a boys' school there.
Interclubs: Last week's interclub with Brookfield was successful. Attendance was 7 – 6 in favor of Brookfield. This week, Friday, Tom Schultz is leading an interclub with Elm Grove Golden Guy, which meets at the St. Mary's Senior Center in Elm Grove, beginning with a Social (half) hour 9:00-9:30 a.m. and a program 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Pancake Breakfast: Coming up fast. Sunday, March 3, from 8 AM to 1 PM. The flyer is attached. Call Eli Potkonjak for tickets and Jason Gonwa for placemat advertising (email@example.com).
Program assignments: February 26, Ken Snyder (pancake breakfast preparation). March 12 ?. March 19, Mike D'Amore. March 26, Kevin Sjostrom.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential