The Friends of Saint Patrick – Milwaukee Chapter will partner with the Hunger Task Force to collect food donations during two area parades on Sat., March 9, 2013.
The Shamrock Club Saint Patrick’s Day Downtown Parade sponsored by the Westown Association & Shamrock Club of Wisconsin begins at noon at 3rd and Wisconsin, continuing to Highland and Water Streets. The Bluemound Parade sponsored by the Bluemound Road Business Advancement Association begins at 3:30 p.m. at Balistreri’s Bluemound Inn, running east from 65th St. to Mitchell Blvd.
The Hunger Task Force’s “Free & Local Truck,” identified with the Friends of Saint Patrick banners, will participate in both parades. Dressed in colorful T-shirts, volunteers from the Friends of Saint Patrick will trail the trucks with grocery carts collecting non-perishable food donations, as well as cash donations, along the entire parade routes.
In addition, food collection barrels will be placed at a variety of area business locations, including the following:
• Metcalf’s Market, Wauwatosa
• O’Sullivan’s Pub, Brookfield
• O’Donoghue’s Irish Pub, Elm Grove
• St. Patrick’s Church (March 9 only)
For more information on the St. Patrick’s Day Food Drive, contact Tom Callen at email@example.com, or by phone at 414-529-5509.
The Hunger Task Force believes that every person has a right to adequate food obtained with dignity. Food pantries, homeless shelters, and soup kitchens will all benefit from donations received. The Hunger Task Force works to prevent hunger and malnutrition by providing food to people in need today and by promoting social policies to achieve a hunger-free community tomorrow.
The Friends of Saint Patrick – Milwaukee, through education, action, and celebration take forward and nurture Saint Patrick’s legacy both in America and Ireland. The Chapter supports the Saint Patrick Centre in Northern Ireland and charitable organizations within our community.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder