Pitchers and catchers have reported for spring training; now it’s your turn. The Tosa Baseball League is registering players for baseball and fastpitch softball. Children who live in Wauwatosa or attend Wauwatosa schools, and who are between the ages of seven and 15 as of September first, are eligible to play.
Tosa Baseball, which was founded more than 40 years ago, is an independent league. The league encourages a competitive level that is age appropriate for each bracket, and players get the opportunity to learn and play multiple positions to determine their best place to excel.
“Children develop athletic abilities at varying ages, so we ensure that all players see even playing time,” emphasized James Ingbretson, league president.
Tosa Baseball is a co-ed league and is divided into four divisions: Rookie, for ages seven and eight; World, for ages nine and ten; American, for ages 11 and 12; and National, for ages 13 & 14.
Tosa Girls’ Fastpitch is similarly divided into Junior, Minors, Majors, and Seniors.
Teams are drafted in late March or early April, and outdoor practices start in May on local fields in Wauwatosa and Milwaukee; however, registered players can take advantage of free indoor practices at Tosa Baseball’s Extra Innings warehouse, located at the corner of 92nd Street and Center Street.
Games begin in June and are played through mid-July, at which time the league holds a tournament. At the end of the season, every player receives a recognition trophy.
Registration is available online http://www.leaguelineup.com/miscinfo.asp?menuid=32&url=tosabaseball&sid=455425696. The cost is $165 per player, but rebates are available for families who volunteer.
“The success of this league is dependent on volunteers and sponsors,” said Ingbretson. “Many of our coaches played Tosa Baseball as children. The coaches, our team managers, equipment managers, special events coordinators and other key volunteers make this a fun, safe league for our families.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- LearningRx Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Advise That Details Make the Difference in Interior Design
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop & Metcalfe's Market
- Hart Park Square Art Guild
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Diabetes and oral health in Milwaukee’s Mexican-American community
- Retzer Nature Center’s Annual Spring Sale Plant Pre-Orders due March 6th
- Connor Remodeling & Design Wins Three WRA Golds for Second Consecutive Year
- VFW Fundraiser in New Berlin