Beverly Fay will display some of her antique valentine collection on Wednesday, Feb. 13, in the Community Room of Sunset Playhouse. Ms. Fay is the featured speaker at the monthly meeting of American Association of University Women (AAUW) West Suburban-Milwaukee Branch.
The program will begin following a social hour at 7 p.m. and a short business meeting. Guests are welcome.
Ms. Fay is a member of the National Valentine Collectors Association; she has been collecting valentines for over 20 years and has over 2,000 rare and historic valentines. Her lecture will cover the story of St. Valentine (276 A.D.) to the present, but mainly centers on the Victorian Era (1807-1901). The program focuses on handmade Valentines through the Industrial Era and includes many personal, poignant and amusing stories.
For more information about membership in AAUW, check the website: www.aauw-wi.org or call membership chair Karla Sloan, 262-695-4431.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Outsourcing Payroll and HR: The Payroll Company Advantage
- West Allis Central Class of 1979 Reunion
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Dental Associates Opens Downtown Clinic in Iron Block Building
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies