Beverly Fay will display some of her antique valentine collection on Wednesday, Feb. 13, in the Community Room of Sunset Playhouse. Ms. Fay is the featured speaker at the monthly meeting of American Association of University Women (AAUW) West Suburban-Milwaukee Branch.
The program will begin following a social hour at 7 p.m. and a short business meeting. Guests are welcome.
Ms. Fay is a member of the National Valentine Collectors Association; she has been collecting valentines for over 20 years and has over 2,000 rare and historic valentines. Her lecture will cover the story of St. Valentine (276 A.D.) to the present, but mainly centers on the Victorian Era (1807-1901). The program focuses on handmade Valentines through the Industrial Era and includes many personal, poignant and amusing stories.
For more information about membership in AAUW, check the website: www.aauw-wi.org or call membership chair Karla Sloan, 262-695-4431.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Volunteer! It's the "nice" of life!
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Wauwatosa Health Department Flu Clinics
- Chicago Bus Trip Planned