Beverly Fay will display some of her antique valentine collection on Wednesday, Feb. 13, in the Community Room of Sunset Playhouse. Ms. Fay is the featured speaker at the monthly meeting of American Association of University Women (AAUW) West Suburban-Milwaukee Branch.
The program will begin following a social hour at 7 p.m. and a short business meeting. Guests are welcome.
Ms. Fay is a member of the National Valentine Collectors Association; she has been collecting valentines for over 20 years and has over 2,000 rare and historic valentines. Her lecture will cover the story of St. Valentine (276 A.D.) to the present, but mainly centers on the Victorian Era (1807-1901). The program focuses on handmade Valentines through the Industrial Era and includes many personal, poignant and amusing stories.
For more information about membership in AAUW, check the website: www.aauw-wi.org or call membership chair Karla Sloan, 262-695-4431.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catholic Singles Memorial Day Picnic
- Milwaukee/NARI Tour Of Remodeled Homes Partners With The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County
- Knapp Chiropractic raises money for Safe Babies Healthy Families at third anniversary event
- FREE to the Public - Outdoor Workouts at Anytime Falls
- Lutheran Home Hires Wolkomir as Social Services Director
- Wauwatosa East's first EcoFair
- Director of NIH National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to visit MCW
- Imaging the windows to the soul: eye researchers pursue “audacious” goal
- Two Delafield Homes on 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes to Feature Three Wauwatosa Area Projects