Beverly Fay will display some of her antique valentine collection on Wednesday, Feb. 13, in the Community Room of Sunset Playhouse. Ms. Fay is the featured speaker at the monthly meeting of American Association of University Women (AAUW) West Suburban-Milwaukee Branch.
The program will begin following a social hour at 7 p.m. and a short business meeting. Guests are welcome.
Ms. Fay is a member of the National Valentine Collectors Association; she has been collecting valentines for over 20 years and has over 2,000 rare and historic valentines. Her lecture will cover the story of St. Valentine (276 A.D.) to the present, but mainly centers on the Victorian Era (1807-1901). The program focuses on handmade Valentines through the Industrial Era and includes many personal, poignant and amusing stories.
For more information about membership in AAUW, check the website: www.aauw-wi.org or call membership chair Karla Sloan, 262-695-4431.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military