Lutheran School Week was celebrated this past week at Good Shepherd’s Lutheran Grade School in West Allis.
The weeklong activities kicked-off Sunday with the 4k-8th grade classes singing at the Unity Sunday church service held in the school gymnasium.
Students arrived Monday dressed in that day’s theme of crazy/clash/mismatched attire. After chapel, students and families enjoyed a roller skating outing at Incredi-Roll and Family Fun Center. Various activities continued throughout the week and included assembly of diaper bags for Lutherans For Life, singing at Library Square, and concluded on Friday with a Pep Rally and family lunch. “We had about 200 family members including grandparents, parents and siblings attend our Sloppy Joe lunch. Our students look forward to Lutheran School week each year because it allows them to celebrate the ministry at Good Shepherd’s and show their school pride by participating in special activities, wearing the daily dress-up attire, sharing experiences among other students and having fun,” stated Principal Kyle Gut.
Good Shepherd’s Lutheran School is located at 1337 South 100th Street, West Allis, with convenient access to I-94/Greenfield Ave off-ramp. For more information, please contact at 414-774-8520 or visit our website at www.goodshepherds.net.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic