Lutheran School Week was celebrated this past week at Good Shepherd’s Lutheran Grade School in West Allis.
The weeklong activities kicked-off Sunday with the 4k-8th grade classes singing at the Unity Sunday church service held in the school gymnasium.
Students arrived Monday dressed in that day’s theme of crazy/clash/mismatched attire. After chapel, students and families enjoyed a roller skating outing at Incredi-Roll and Family Fun Center. Various activities continued throughout the week and included assembly of diaper bags for Lutherans For Life, singing at Library Square, and concluded on Friday with a Pep Rally and family lunch. “We had about 200 family members including grandparents, parents and siblings attend our Sloppy Joe lunch. Our students look forward to Lutheran School week each year because it allows them to celebrate the ministry at Good Shepherd’s and show their school pride by participating in special activities, wearing the daily dress-up attire, sharing experiences among other students and having fun,” stated Principal Kyle Gut.
Good Shepherd’s Lutheran School is located at 1337 South 100th Street, West Allis, with convenient access to I-94/Greenfield Ave off-ramp. For more information, please contact at 414-774-8520 or visit our website at www.goodshepherds.net.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- January is Radon Action Month--Know Your Home's Radon Level
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Ann Massaro, Brookfield Native and Brookfield Central High School Graduate, Joins Ameriprise Financial
- Member Companies Provide Support to Home Improvement Show
- The Challenge of Moving from a Home you Love
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Can social networks improve rates of treatment for HIV?
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Puzzles Good for a Child’s Developing Brain
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program