Dr. Carlyle Chan elected Vice Chair of Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
Carlyle Chan, M.D., professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), was elected Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) for 2013.
Dr. Chan, who is also a professor of bioethics and medical humanities in MCW’s Institute for Health and Society, has directed his department’s continuing medical education (CME) programs for 27 years, and has chaired the medical school’s CME committee for more than a decade.
The ACCME identifies, develops, and promotes standards for quality CME utilized by physicians in their maintenance of competence and incorporation of new knowledge to improve quality medical care for patients and their communities.
Dr. Chan also serves on the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Psychiatry Residency Review Committee, and he is one of the ACCME’s representatives to the Coalition for Physician Accountability, which seeks to advance the quality of health care and professional accountability.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Memory, Vision and Obesity: 2015 Women in Science Series Scheduled
- MCW names new vice president and general counsel
- Wauwatosa HS Mens Lacrosse opens season with a 12-6 victory over Brookfield Lacrosse
- Potty Training Tips for Toddlers
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story