Dr. Carlyle Chan elected Vice Chair of Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
Carlyle Chan, M.D., professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), was elected Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) for 2013.
Dr. Chan, who is also a professor of bioethics and medical humanities in MCW’s Institute for Health and Society, has directed his department’s continuing medical education (CME) programs for 27 years, and has chaired the medical school’s CME committee for more than a decade.
The ACCME identifies, develops, and promotes standards for quality CME utilized by physicians in their maintenance of competence and incorporation of new knowledge to improve quality medical care for patients and their communities.
Dr. Chan also serves on the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Psychiatry Residency Review Committee, and he is one of the ACCME’s representatives to the Coalition for Physician Accountability, which seeks to advance the quality of health care and professional accountability.
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016