Dr. Carlyle Chan elected Vice Chair of Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
Carlyle Chan, M.D., professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), was elected Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) for 2013.
Dr. Chan, who is also a professor of bioethics and medical humanities in MCW’s Institute for Health and Society, has directed his department’s continuing medical education (CME) programs for 27 years, and has chaired the medical school’s CME committee for more than a decade.
The ACCME identifies, develops, and promotes standards for quality CME utilized by physicians in their maintenance of competence and incorporation of new knowledge to improve quality medical care for patients and their communities.
Dr. Chan also serves on the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Psychiatry Residency Review Committee, and he is one of the ACCME’s representatives to the Coalition for Physician Accountability, which seeks to advance the quality of health care and professional accountability.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- Hart Park Square celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Milwaukee Backgammon Meetup