CONTACT: Sheila Kading
Brookfield Doctor Earns Nutrition and Metabolic Medicine Degree
Dr. John Whitcomb, director of the Brookfield Longevity and Healthy Living Clinic, 17585 W. North Ave., Brookfield, is the first Wisconsin physician to receive a Masters Degree in Nutrition and Metabolic Medicine from the University of South Florida in collaboration with the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
The University of South Florida is the country’s first medical school to offer the degree which is designed to teach nutrition to physicians.
Whitcomb, who was previously board certified in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine from the American College of Anti-Aging Medicine, said that a common complaint from physicians is that they are not trained in how bodies manage food.
"It's pretty clear that 75% of our illnesses are based on lifestyle behaviors. Our current medical model waits until you fall off the cliff, then tries to snatch you back before you hit bottom," Whitcomb explained. “It is much better to avoid the cliff.”
Whitcomb’s practice focuses on nutrition and metabolic medicine as it relates to obesity, hormones, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and cancer.
“An integrative approach to cancer therapy will be the next frontier in how we manage the disease” according to Whitcomb who believes that eating the right food is the way to control cancer and turn it from an acute disaster into a chronic, medically managed condition.
More information is available at www.livelongmd.com and by calling (262) 784-5300.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kiwanis Club of Wauwatosa Public Welcome
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Family medicine specialist David Goldstein joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty
- Corporate Technology Solutions Hires Germino
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist Julian De Lia joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
- Make Father’s Day Smoke-Free (An Uphill Battle)
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Mequon Mother and Daughter Duo to Appear in One Act Play Festival