CONTACT: Sheila Kading
Brookfield Doctor Earns Nutrition and Metabolic Medicine Degree
Dr. John Whitcomb, director of the Brookfield Longevity and Healthy Living Clinic, 17585 W. North Ave., Brookfield, is the first Wisconsin physician to receive a Masters Degree in Nutrition and Metabolic Medicine from the University of South Florida in collaboration with the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
The University of South Florida is the country’s first medical school to offer the degree which is designed to teach nutrition to physicians.
Whitcomb, who was previously board certified in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine from the American College of Anti-Aging Medicine, said that a common complaint from physicians is that they are not trained in how bodies manage food.
"It's pretty clear that 75% of our illnesses are based on lifestyle behaviors. Our current medical model waits until you fall off the cliff, then tries to snatch you back before you hit bottom," Whitcomb explained. “It is much better to avoid the cliff.”
Whitcomb’s practice focuses on nutrition and metabolic medicine as it relates to obesity, hormones, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and cancer.
“An integrative approach to cancer therapy will be the next frontier in how we manage the disease” according to Whitcomb who believes that eating the right food is the way to control cancer and turn it from an acute disaster into a chronic, medically managed condition.
More information is available at www.livelongmd.com and by calling (262) 784-5300.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza Celebrates “Pi Day” with $3.14 Pizzas on Friday, March 14
- Wauwatosa Recreation and Summer School New Registration Procedures
- Milwaukee Montessori School Welcomes Catherine Brys as Director of Child Care Program
- BELLWETHER’S PRIVATE LOAN FUNDING
- Holiday Food Drive For Hunger Task Force to be Featured in St. Patrick’s Day Parades
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Free Sound Reinforcement & Live Sound Classes
- Historian John Gurda To Speak at Elm Grove Playhouse
- Announcing the Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen for 2013: Maureen Connors Badding
- McKinley Lodge Fish Fry