Wilkinson Woods senior community in Oconomowoc and Library Square senior community in West Allis represented the Laureate Group in the Milwaukee Aging Consortium's 1st Annual Golden Spatula Competition.
Amy Robb, Dietary Services Manager at Wilkinson Woods, took home top honors for her Tropical French Toast. Robb also won 2nd place for her Chicken Breast Roulade, a heart healthy recipe and Sean Emrick, Dining Service Director from Library Square, came in 3rd place for his Seared Chicken Breast over Wheatberry Salad, a fiber recipe.
Tropical French Toast
6 slices Angel Food Cake, prepared
½ C. milk, 2%
½ t vanilla
Assortment of diced fresh fruit: strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, bananas
1. Slice angel food cake.
2. Mix eggs, milk, and vanilla together.
3. Dip angel food slices into egg mixture.
4. Place on buttered griddle and grill until golden brown.
5. Top with fresh fruit.
Laureate Group is a local, family owned business that operates eight independent and assisted living senior communities in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business