Wilkinson Woods senior community in Oconomowoc and Library Square senior community in West Allis represented the Laureate Group in the Milwaukee Aging Consortium's 1st Annual Golden Spatula Competition.
Amy Robb, Dietary Services Manager at Wilkinson Woods, took home top honors for her Tropical French Toast. Robb also won 2nd place for her Chicken Breast Roulade, a heart healthy recipe and Sean Emrick, Dining Service Director from Library Square, came in 3rd place for his Seared Chicken Breast over Wheatberry Salad, a fiber recipe.
Tropical French Toast
6 slices Angel Food Cake, prepared
½ C. milk, 2%
½ t vanilla
Assortment of diced fresh fruit: strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, bananas
1. Slice angel food cake.
2. Mix eggs, milk, and vanilla together.
3. Dip angel food slices into egg mixture.
4. Place on buttered griddle and grill until golden brown.
5. Top with fresh fruit.
Laureate Group is a local, family owned business that operates eight independent and assisted living senior communities in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Residents Participate in MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET at Sunset Playhouse
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Choristers to Hold Auditions
- Choristers to Present Christmas Concert
- McCarthy Grittinger Financial Group Announces New Partners
- MCW student receives American Society of Hematology award
- Great American Smoke Out Encourages Smokers to Quit
- Researchers to develop research program to study dysfunctions in autism
- MCW to hold graduate school open house
- Christmas Concert