Wilkinson Woods senior community in Oconomowoc and Library Square senior community in West Allis represented the Laureate Group in the Milwaukee Aging Consortium's 1st Annual Golden Spatula Competition.
Amy Robb, Dietary Services Manager at Wilkinson Woods, took home top honors for her Tropical French Toast. Robb also won 2nd place for her Chicken Breast Roulade, a heart healthy recipe and Sean Emrick, Dining Service Director from Library Square, came in 3rd place for his Seared Chicken Breast over Wheatberry Salad, a fiber recipe.
Tropical French Toast
6 slices Angel Food Cake, prepared
½ C. milk, 2%
½ t vanilla
Assortment of diced fresh fruit: strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, bananas
1. Slice angel food cake.
2. Mix eggs, milk, and vanilla together.
3. Dip angel food slices into egg mixture.
4. Place on buttered griddle and grill until golden brown.
5. Top with fresh fruit.
Laureate Group is a local, family owned business that operates eight independent and assisted living senior communities in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October schedule
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $250,000 to assess health impact of Eau Claire community planning
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- MCW awarded $2.7 million grant to advance the understanding and measurement of outcomes in children with chronic disease