A total of 458 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) faculty physicians, representing 63 specialties, are listed on the Best Doctors in America® 2013 list. The information, compiled by Best Doctors, Inc., includes more physicians from MCW than any other group practice or institution in Wisconsin.
MCW physicians account for over 44 percent of the 1,035 Wisconsin physicians listed in this year’s database. More Best Doctors practice at MCW’s major teaching hospital affiliates, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, than at any other hospitals in the state.
The database lists 318 MCW physicians who have privileges at Froedtert Hospital, and 186 faculty physicians with privileges at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. To view the MCW list of all 458 physicians, by name and specialty, please visit the website at http://www.mcw.edu/publicaffairs/NewsCenter/BestDoctors/Best-Doctors-2013.htm.
Many MCW faculty physicians on the Best Doctors in America® list practice at both Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and Froedtert Hospital. A number of MCW doctors practicing at other hospitals were also honored on the Best Doctors in America® list, including 104 doctors at Froedtert Health Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls, 74 doctors at Froedtert Health St. Joseph’s Hospital in West Bend and 70 physicians at the Zablocki VA Medical Center.
The 45,000 U.S. physicians listed in the Best Doctors in America® 2013- database represent the top five percent of the nation’s practicing board-certified physicians. Physicians selected for inclusion are determined through a peer-review by thousands of doctors nationwide. Only those physicians who earn the consensus support of their peers as well as meet additional qualification criteria are included. Additional information is available at www.bestdoctors.com. Best Doctors is a registered trademark of Best Doctors, Inc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holy Apostles Fish Fry
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Danceworks Youth Performance Company (DYPC) in GINGERBREAD EXPRESS
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Western Union and Better Business Bureau Warn of Charity Scams During Giving Season
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- Tree lighting ceremony to take place at Luther Manor