The Milwaukee office of The Opus Group and the Opus Foundation today announced grants of more than $200,000 to support 14 southeastern Wisconsin non-profit organizations.
“Community stewardship has been a priority of the Opus organization for more than 60 years,” said Julie Ledger, vice president and general manager of Opus Development Company, L.L.C.’s Milwaukee Office. “Opus is proud to support our community through these nonprofit organizations.”
The Opus Foundation awards grants in two categories, the Impact Fund and the Opportunity Fund. The Impact Fund supports strategic investments in human and community development and the Opus Opportunity Fund is designed to meet pressing and emerging needs in communities where Opus does business.
Recipients of the Impact Fund are Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee, Habitat for Humanity, Notre Dame Middle School, Schools that Can Milwaukee, and the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee.
Recipients of the Opportunity Fund are COA Youth & Family Centers, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast, Guest House of Milwaukee, Lake Valley Camp, LISC Milwaukee, Milwaukee Montessori School, Real Estate Alliance for Charity (REACH), Rebuilding Together and The Lutheran Home.
This year’s grant recipients have a number of diverse missions and causes, including but not limited to childhood education programs, financial aid for low income families and targeted neighborhood revitalization efforts. Additionally, the grants will help repair homeless shelters, school playgrounds and classrooms.
About the Opus Foundation
The Opus Foundation® awards approximately $1 million annually to projects and programs that build Opus communities and make them better places to live, work and raise families. The Foundation supports non-profit organizations in areas of early childhood education, youth development, workforce and employment training, and community revitalization.
About The Opus Group
The Opus Group® is a family of national commercial real estate companies headquartered in Minneapolis, with expertise in development, project management and construction, architecture and engineering, finance, sales and leasing. The Opus Group includes Opus Holding, L.L.C. and its operating subsidiaries; Opus Development Company, L.L.C., Opus Design Build, L.L.C. and Opus AE Group, L.L.C. Specializing in office, industrial, retail, residential living, institutional and government projects, The Opus Group has broad capabilities, deep experience and a proven design-build model that delivers solutions for customers on time and on budget. For more information, visit www.opus-group.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability