Discounted ticket prices and a variety of raffle prizes are just some of the incentives attracting visitors to the 51st annual Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park in West Allis Thurs., Feb. 7, through Sun., Feb. 10.
People over 60 will be admitted for $4.00, a $1 discount off the regular senior ticket price of $5.00, on Thursday, Feb. 7, for Senior Day sponsored by Callen Construction, Inc. A $2 off admission coupon good on up to four regularly priced adult tickets during each day of the Show is available at www.milwaukeenari.org and in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Consumers can register to win a free pair of Show tickets at www.milwaukeenari.org, plus children 12 and younger and all military personnel with a military ID card are free.
Advance regular adult admission tickets are available for $5.00 now through Wed., Feb. 6, at the Milwaukee/NARI office and other member locations. A complete list of advance ticket locations is available on the association’s Website at www.milwaukeenari.org.
For the 15th consecutive year, the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation, Inc., will conduct a raffle in conjunction with the Home Improvement Show. With a mission to increase public awareness of the home improvement industry, raffle proceeds are used to fund scholarships, purchase tools and equipment, and support educational programs to help encourage and train young people and displaced workers interested in the professional remodeling industry. The raffle prizes available are as follows:
• $1,000.00 gift certificate for a Carrier product and installation by 1st Choice Heating & Cooling
• 42” TV from ABC Audio Video
• Kitchen Appliance from American TV
• $500 Gift Certificate from Bliffert Lumber
• Bosch Ascenta 24” Stainless Steel Dishwasher from Callen Construction & Grand Appliance and TV
• 4-pack of tickets for a Milwaukee Bucks game from Crivello Carlson, s.c.
• $500 Gift Certificate from A. Fillinger
• $500 Gift Certificate from Kohler Co.
• Picnic Table from Milwaukee Area Technical College –South Campus
• Wood Entry Door and Installation from Milwaukee Millwork and KS Remodelers
• $500 in Rummage Sale Cash and First on the Ground at the May 3, Rummage Sale from the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation
• Plumber for one half-day from Oak Creek Plumbing
• $500 Certificate for a Product/Service through Oak Creek Plumbing Kitchen and Bath
• Adirondack Chair from Racine Case High School
• Three Adirondack Chairs and Cedar Trellis from Waukesha County Technical College
Raffle tickets will be sold in the Milwaukee/NARI Information Center in the center of the Show floor at one for $5.00, three for $10.00, and eight for $20.00. The winning tickets will be drawn at 4:00 p.m. on Sun., Feb. 10. One need not be present to win.
Cosponsored by the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the 2013 Show will provide Milwaukee/NARI, the area’s leading home improvement and remodeling industry resource for more than 51 years, with the opportunity to have its members demonstrate for consumers how they are “Your Source for Inspiration,” the theme for the Show.
More than 700 booth spaces covering the entire exposition center will feature providers of thousands of home improvement products and services, including kitchens, decks, cabinets, windows, bathrooms, siding, lighting, landscaping, media rooms, wall coverings, lower levels, roofing, fireplaces, and much more.
During the Show, educational demonstrations and seminars by home improvement experts and media celebrities will be held, including presentations on the Renewal by Andersen Seminar Stage by Bonnie Schneider, CNN/HLN Meteorologist and DIY Network weather expert, presented by Allrite Home & Remodeling, discussing “Extreme Weather,” Melinda Myers, The Plant Doctor, Gus Gnorski, Lis Friemoth, “The Garden Hoe”, and Tom Feiza, Mr. Fix-It, presented by J&B Construction, Inc. The Mukwonago Remodeling Cooking Demonstration Stage will feature area chefs and national cooking celebrities, including Mad Dog & Merrill, the Grilling Buddies, Patricia Katopes, Food Network “Cupcake Wars” Winner, and Leroy Butler, Green Bay Packer’s Hall of Famer and inventor of the Lambeau Leap.
In addition, the Show will also feature a Mediterranean Outdoor Living Area with displays from Aquatica, a division of Dean Pipito Waterfeatures, Bold Illuminations, Breezy Hill Nursery, Milt Charno & Associates, Exteriors Unlimited Landscape Contractors, Ground Affects Landscaping, and Innovative Exteriors Landscape; an Interior Design Room Display featuring garages for men by area college students sponsored by Nehmey Construction; the Milwaukee/NARI Information Center; the Schlossmann’s Automotive Group vehicle display; the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation fundraising raffle; the Kids Creative Zone on Feb. 9 – 10, sponsored by Advantage Carpentry and Remodeling; and live music featuring Scott E. Berendt and the Milwaukee Mandolin Orchestra, presented by Dimension Design, Build, Remodel, Inc.
Hours Thurs., Feb. 7, Fri., Feb. 8, and Sat., Feb. 9, are 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.; and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sun., Feb. 10.
For more information, visit www.milwaukeenari.org or call 414-771-4071.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Parenting Tip: Enjoying a Less Stressful Holiday Season
- Coyote on 72nd Street
- Columbia St. Mary’s Hosting Free Seminar on Advance Directives and Living Wills
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce and the Center for Business Performance Solutions (CBPS) announce December workshop schedule
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2015 – nominations being accepted
- Building a Case for Change on Food Initiatives with the Amani Neighborhood
- Inspired by a Home Improvement Show? Do Your Homework.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: December schedule
- Appliance Gallery Suggests Holiday Appliance Ideas
- Tosa West Orchestra Kindekonzert Sat. Dec. 5th