Put your creative talents to work and build or decorate the most spectacular birdhouse you can imagine. Now through March 1, the MPTV Great TV Auction is collecting entries for its “Art is for the Birds” birdhouse contest.
Anyone can enter the contest within five categories – functional, decorative, gourds, recycled/re-purposed materials and the 2013 Auction theme of “One Hula of an Auction.” Entrants can build their own birdhouse or purchase an unfinished one and decorate it. There is a one-time entry fee of $5 per contestant that allows for an unlimited number of entries. All entries become the property of the MPTV Great TV Auction and may be available for bid April 26-May 4 during the Great TV Auction, which airs live on Channel 10.1 and is streamed on MPTV.org.
All birdhouses, along with a completed entry form and the $5 registration fee, must be delivered to the MPTV Auction at 12560 W. Townsend St., Brookfield, WI 53005 by Friday, March 1. Birdhouses cannot be larger than 24” x 24” x 24”. Functional birdhouses must be constructed of non-toxic materials that can withstand the elements. The Channel 10 Auction web site provides recommended dimensions for various types of Wisconsin birds, including Bluebirds, Chickadees, Flycatchers and others.
Recognition will be given to the first, second and third place winners, along with honorable mentions in each category. A People’s Choice award will be presented based on voting during the Realtors Home & Garden Show, which runs March 15-24 at State Fair Park Exposition Center. The top winners will be interviewed on-air while their birdhouse is auctioned during the 2013 MPTV Great TV Auction.
Visit www.greattvauction.com for a complete set of rules.
The MPTV Great TV Auction kicks off Friday, April 26 at 5 p.m. and airs until midnight. The auction continues each day, airing 1 p.m. to midnight Saturday, April 27 through Saturday, May 4. For more information, visit greattvauction.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- Lindner Receives the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee Community Leader Award
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- A Nostalgic Afternoon