Put your creative talents to work and build or decorate the most spectacular birdhouse you can imagine. Now through March 1, the MPTV Great TV Auction is collecting entries for its “Art is for the Birds” birdhouse contest.
Anyone can enter the contest within five categories – functional, decorative, gourds, recycled/re-purposed materials and the 2013 Auction theme of “One Hula of an Auction.” Entrants can build their own birdhouse or purchase an unfinished one and decorate it. There is a one-time entry fee of $5 per contestant that allows for an unlimited number of entries. All entries become the property of the MPTV Great TV Auction and may be available for bid April 26-May 4 during the Great TV Auction, which airs live on Channel 10.1 and is streamed on MPTV.org.
All birdhouses, along with a completed entry form and the $5 registration fee, must be delivered to the MPTV Auction at 12560 W. Townsend St., Brookfield, WI 53005 by Friday, March 1. Birdhouses cannot be larger than 24” x 24” x 24”. Functional birdhouses must be constructed of non-toxic materials that can withstand the elements. The Channel 10 Auction web site provides recommended dimensions for various types of Wisconsin birds, including Bluebirds, Chickadees, Flycatchers and others.
Recognition will be given to the first, second and third place winners, along with honorable mentions in each category. A People’s Choice award will be presented based on voting during the Realtors Home & Garden Show, which runs March 15-24 at State Fair Park Exposition Center. The top winners will be interviewed on-air while their birdhouse is auctioned during the 2013 MPTV Great TV Auction.
Visit www.greattvauction.com for a complete set of rules.
The MPTV Great TV Auction kicks off Friday, April 26 at 5 p.m. and airs until midnight. The auction continues each day, airing 1 p.m. to midnight Saturday, April 27 through Saturday, May 4. For more information, visit greattvauction.com.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"