A "Best of Shut Up & Write!" workshop.
Wed. Feb 6, 6:30-9pm, $45
(snow date Feb 20)
Characters are at the heart of writing. Whether people or parrots, real or imagined, alive or dead, principals in novels or case histories in how-to books, characters are the prime drivers of the written word. You write your best when you get to know them before you begin
In this workshop, you learn how to use your memories and imagination to flesh out characters so they seem fully alive to you. When you know how they look, sound, feel, taste and smell; when you "see" them sitting across the table or dancing in the moonlight, you are ready to bring them to life on the page.
Workshop meets in RedBird-RedOak classroom
3195 S. Superior St., #205, Milwaukee,WI 53207
Online - with a credit card or your PayPal account http://redbirdstudio.com/where-when.html#workshop-2
By mail - send your check and contact info to:
3136 S. Indiana Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Note: This is one of four "Best of Shut Up & Write!" workshops scheduled for Jan-Apr, 2013. You are welcome to register for individual sections or for all 4 sections.
"Itchy Pens: How to Get Started" Wed. Jan 9, 6:30-9 pm
"How to Bring Characters to Life" Wed. Feb 6, 6:30-9pm
"How to Get Your Thoughts Organized" Wed. Mar 6, 6:30-9pm
"How to Get Happily Published" Wed. Apr 3, 6:30-9pm
Judy Bridges is the founder of Redbird Studio writing center in Milwaukee and author of Shut Up & Write! "When I'm teaching, it's not about me. It's about helping other people say what they want to say, write what they want to write." She has bachelor's in writing (fiction and nonfiction), a master's in adult education, and over a decade of professional writing experience. Judy founded Redbird Studio in 1993 and has made a difference in the lives and careers of thousands of writers. Her teaching comes from the best place: real experience coupled with a huge heart. She understands the awesome potential of a blank sheet of paper, the power of the pen, and the calling of the writer to fill the page.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October schedule
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $250,000 to assess health impact of Eau Claire community planning
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- MCW awarded $2.7 million grant to advance the understanding and measurement of outcomes in children with chronic disease