Kimberly Strong, Ph.D., has been appointed assistant professor of bioethics and medical humanities in the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Institute for Health and Society. She also is faculty in the Human and Molecular Genetics Center at MCW.
Dr. Strong’s current research focuses on ethical issues related to the use of genomic sequencing (the reading of one’s full DNA); and she is the primary faculty for the MCW’s Program in Genomics and Ethics, which has an aim of bridging the gap between the clinical application of whole genome sequencing and its ethical implications.
Dr. Strong has presented and lectured widely on ethical issues related to genetic technologies and prior to joining the MCW faculty, she served as a Health Services Manager at the Cancer Institute of New South Wales, in Sydney, Australia and as an academic researcher at the Center for Values, Ethics and the Law in Medicine at the University of Sydney.
Dr. Strong earned her Ph.D. from the University of Sydney, Australia; genetic counseling qualifications from the University of Newcastle, Australia; and her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, from the University of Minnesota in Duluth, Minnesota.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night