Kimberly Strong, Ph.D., has been appointed assistant professor of bioethics and medical humanities in the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Institute for Health and Society. She also is faculty in the Human and Molecular Genetics Center at MCW.
Dr. Strong’s current research focuses on ethical issues related to the use of genomic sequencing (the reading of one’s full DNA); and she is the primary faculty for the MCW’s Program in Genomics and Ethics, which has an aim of bridging the gap between the clinical application of whole genome sequencing and its ethical implications.
Dr. Strong has presented and lectured widely on ethical issues related to genetic technologies and prior to joining the MCW faculty, she served as a Health Services Manager at the Cancer Institute of New South Wales, in Sydney, Australia and as an academic researcher at the Center for Values, Ethics and the Law in Medicine at the University of Sydney.
Dr. Strong earned her Ph.D. from the University of Sydney, Australia; genetic counseling qualifications from the University of Newcastle, Australia; and her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, from the University of Minnesota in Duluth, Minnesota.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Sponsors
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- "WEIRD ANIMALS" Come to Vacation Bible School