Kimberly Strong, Ph.D., has been appointed assistant professor of bioethics and medical humanities in the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Institute for Health and Society. She also is faculty in the Human and Molecular Genetics Center at MCW.
Dr. Strong’s current research focuses on ethical issues related to the use of genomic sequencing (the reading of one’s full DNA); and she is the primary faculty for the MCW’s Program in Genomics and Ethics, which has an aim of bridging the gap between the clinical application of whole genome sequencing and its ethical implications.
Dr. Strong has presented and lectured widely on ethical issues related to genetic technologies and prior to joining the MCW faculty, she served as a Health Services Manager at the Cancer Institute of New South Wales, in Sydney, Australia and as an academic researcher at the Center for Values, Ethics and the Law in Medicine at the University of Sydney.
Dr. Strong earned her Ph.D. from the University of Sydney, Australia; genetic counseling qualifications from the University of Newcastle, Australia; and her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, from the University of Minnesota in Duluth, Minnesota.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015