Kimberly Strong, Ph.D., has been appointed assistant professor of bioethics and medical humanities in the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Institute for Health and Society. She also is faculty in the Human and Molecular Genetics Center at MCW.
Dr. Strong’s current research focuses on ethical issues related to the use of genomic sequencing (the reading of one’s full DNA); and she is the primary faculty for the MCW’s Program in Genomics and Ethics, which has an aim of bridging the gap between the clinical application of whole genome sequencing and its ethical implications.
Dr. Strong has presented and lectured widely on ethical issues related to genetic technologies and prior to joining the MCW faculty, she served as a Health Services Manager at the Cancer Institute of New South Wales, in Sydney, Australia and as an academic researcher at the Center for Values, Ethics and the Law in Medicine at the University of Sydney.
Dr. Strong earned her Ph.D. from the University of Sydney, Australia; genetic counseling qualifications from the University of Newcastle, Australia; and her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, from the University of Minnesota in Duluth, Minnesota.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park