Social Media and Identity Theft: Are You Protected?
In the free program “Identity Theft: A Growing Threat”, personnel from the Wisconsin Office of Privacy Protection will interactively take participants through the growing threat of personal identity theft; they’ll learn what identity theft is and how to protect themselves from it. Participants will also listen to real-life examples of Wisconsin victims and what it takes to initiate the recovery process. Additionally, participants will learn how criminals are using Social Networking sites to facilitate identity theft, and then discuss what information should stay private when using those sites.
This free seminar takes place Thursday, Jan 31st, 2013, at 7 pm in the Community Room of the Brookfield Public Library. Registration is requested but not required. Please contact the Adult Reference Desk at 262-782-4140, opt 1, with questions or to register. This program is offered in conjunction with Data Privacy Day 2013. Keep your personal data private!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues sponsorship of “Social Media Tools for Business” workshop for regional businesses
- LearningRx Hosts May 30 Open House
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues to add new members
- Daylily Society of SE WI/daylily sale
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Takes the Mystery Out of Remodeling
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament