Social Media and Identity Theft: Are You Protected?
In the free program “Identity Theft: A Growing Threat”, personnel from the Wisconsin Office of Privacy Protection will interactively take participants through the growing threat of personal identity theft; they’ll learn what identity theft is and how to protect themselves from it. Participants will also listen to real-life examples of Wisconsin victims and what it takes to initiate the recovery process. Additionally, participants will learn how criminals are using Social Networking sites to facilitate identity theft, and then discuss what information should stay private when using those sites.
This free seminar takes place Thursday, Jan 31st, 2013, at 7 pm in the Community Room of the Brookfield Public Library. Registration is requested but not required. Please contact the Adult Reference Desk at 262-782-4140, opt 1, with questions or to register. This program is offered in conjunction with Data Privacy Day 2013. Keep your personal data private!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council