Jeanne Paulus was awarded a $1,625 Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW) grant on behalf of all Wauwatosa elementary schools for students to "Get REAL (Reading and Enrichment Activities for Learning) with Junior Great Books". The purpose of this grant is to provide extension and enrichment opportunities in English Language Arts to all district fifth grade students using Junior Great Books materials. Classroom teachers, Reading Specialists, and District Teacher Leaders from all elementary schools may use these materials to provide students with in-depth reading, critical thinking, writing, and creative activities. These materials used in conjunction with the Treasures program and are located in the district's central library system.
Both students and teachers have found the materials to be engaging and effective in providing in-depth and meaningful learning. The stories, teachers guides, graphic organizers, and writing activities extend student learning and require high level thinking. One fifth grader at Washington Elementary said, “We have excellent discussions with the stories in Junior Great Books because the questions are interesting and the discussions are more in-depth.”
For more information on the EFW and our other 15 grants, please visit www.tosaefw.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, ue to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances