Legendary drummer Omar Hakim will make a special In-Store Appearance and Q&A at Cascio Interstate Music SuperStore, 13819 W. National Ave. in New Berlin, on Saturday, February 9 at 1:00 pm. Sponsored by Cascio and Pearl Drums, this will be a great opportunity for fans and drummers to chat, "talk drums" and ask questions of Omar. He may also demonstrate a technique or two on the drum set.
Widely acclaimed for his versatility, technological prowess and groove, Omar Hakim is one of the most successful drummers and session men of the past thirty-five years. Omar has collaborated with dozens of prominent artists including George Benson, Lionel Richie, Chaka Khan, Anita Baker, Bobby McFerrin, John Scofield, Urban Knights, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Jackson, Celine Dion, Jewel, J-Lo, D’Angelo, Mariah Carey, and Madonna to name a few, and has left his imprint on hundreds of recordings including several under his own name.
Hakim is in town with his group The Trio of OZ, performing that evening at 8 pm at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield. Consisting of Hakim, Grammy® Award-winning pianist extraordinaire Rachel Z (Wayne Shorter, Stanley Clarke, Peter Gabriel), and bassist Solomon Dorsey (Stevie Wonder, Bobby Watson), The Trio of OZ is a unique musical experience for rock, jazz and jam lovers. They take the audience on a magical journey performing groundbreaking arrangements of notable rock music from such bands as the Killers, Depeche Mode, Death Cab for Cutie and the Police.
Enter for a chance to win The Trio of OZ concert tickets at http://www.interstatemusic.com/Contest/61-Trio-of-Oz-Ticket-Giveaway.aspx. Purchase concert tickets by calling 262-781-9520 or in person at the Sharon Lynne Wilson box office or at http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?organ_val=21447&event_val=WP05.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential