Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave., invites the public to a “Singers and Songwriters” program at its Community Coffee House on Saturday, Jan. 26. Doors open at 6:45 p.m. with music from 7 – 9 p.m.
Parking is available behind the church off Underwood Avenue in the ramp and surface lot across from the fire station. Enter the building through the southwest door (red roof) or the northwest door (handicap accessible) off the upper level of the parking structure.
Admission is $6 for adults. Children 12-years-old and younger are admitted free. Light refreshments will be available for a free-will offering.
Local talent will share original songs and familiar favorites loved by many in the intimate setting of WAUMC’s Fellowship Hall. A variety of music styles, including country, folk, Christian, light pop, classical and jazz will be featured.
Members of the public are also invited to share a musical favorite or talk about why one particular song brings special meaning to your life. A small backup band will be available to provide accompaniment as needed.
Please contact Tim Karth (email@example.com) or Bill Armstrong (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have special music or a story to share.
Proceeds from the evening will benefit more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts of the WAUMC congregation.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is more than 400 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops. The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids