IndependenceFirst is hosting the fourth annual Stride & Glide on March 3, a family-friendly indoor/outdoor event. It combines an outdoor 5K run/wheelchair and 1-mile walk/wheelchair with indoor Zumba and kids’ activities at the Milwaukee County Zoo! Both options support the services and advocacy that IndependenceFirst provides for people with disabilities.
You can participate as an individual or with a team! Participants have the option to pay a fee or raise pledges to support IndependenceFirst. All participants will receive a commemorative long-sleeved t-shirt. Zoo admission and parking are free, and strollers are welcome at the walk and indoor portion of the event (no strollers on 5K course).
Registration fee: minimum pledge or contribution of $25 for adults (ages 12+) before Feb. 15, 2013 ($30 after Feb. 16) or $15 for youth (ages 3-11). Kids 2 and under are free.
Sunday, March 3, 2013 Stride & Glide Schedule
7:00 a.m. – 7:45 a.m. 5K Run/Wheelchair Registration
7:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. 1-Mile Walk/Wheelchair Registration
7:50 a.m. 5K Wheelchair Start
8:00 a.m. 5K Run Start
8:30 a.m. 1-Mile Walk Start
8:30 a.m. Indoor Zumba Session 1
8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Indoor Kids’ Activities
9:15 a.m. 5K Awards for Top Male and Female Finishers
9:30 a.m. Indoor Zumba Session 2
Registration for Zumba ends 15 minutes before each session. Registration for kids’ activities is between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Register online by visiting www.StrideAndGlide.org and clicking on “Register.” To register by phone or e-mail, please call (414) 226-8386 V/Relay or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please register by February 15, 2013.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Researchers to explore new treatments for pancreatic cancer
- Milwaukee’s Archbishop Conducts Mass at Harwood Place
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Boatshed Lake Michigan Sponsors SUPA athletes support boat to cross Lake Michigan
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!
- Milwaukee Choristers to Hold Auditions
- The impact of housing on HIV status