The Menomonee Falls High School Art Honor Society will harness the power of soup and combine it with the influence of art at its Empty Bowls fundraiser for the Falls Food Pantry from 5 to 7:30 pm, February 1ST at the MFHS Cafeteria.
The event will be held prior to the MFHS Varsity Boys Basketball game. Dinner of soup, bread, water, and ceramic bowl is available for a $10 donation. The event will have 3 different soups donated by Bakers Square, bread donated by Pepperidge Farm, and paper products donated by Culver's. Art students from throughout the district created the ceramic bowls that will be available as a keepsake of the event.
Empty Bowls is an international project to fight hunger. The basic idea for Empty Bowls is simple; serve a simple meal of soup and bread. Guests choose a bowl to keep as a reminder that there are always empty bowls in the world.
It’s the most festive soup line imaginable, and all proceeds go to the Falls Area Food Pantry. Tickets will be available the night of the event at the café entrance. Questions can be directed to, Terra Chmielewski at 262-946-2046 or email@example.com.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military