The Menomonee Falls High School Art Honor Society will harness the power of soup and combine it with the influence of art at its Empty Bowls fundraiser for the Falls Food Pantry from 5 to 7:30 pm, February 1ST at the MFHS Cafeteria.
The event will be held prior to the MFHS Varsity Boys Basketball game. Dinner of soup, bread, water, and ceramic bowl is available for a $10 donation. The event will have 3 different soups donated by Bakers Square, bread donated by Pepperidge Farm, and paper products donated by Culver's. Art students from throughout the district created the ceramic bowls that will be available as a keepsake of the event.
Empty Bowls is an international project to fight hunger. The basic idea for Empty Bowls is simple; serve a simple meal of soup and bread. Guests choose a bowl to keep as a reminder that there are always empty bowls in the world.
It’s the most festive soup line imaginable, and all proceeds go to the Falls Area Food Pantry. Tickets will be available the night of the event at the café entrance. Questions can be directed to, Terra Chmielewski at 262-946-2046 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015