Milwaukee jumps 13 spots on worst city for bed bugs list
-2012 listing of cities with the most treatments for bed bug infestations shows Chicago replacing Cincinnati for the number one spot.
NEW BERLIN, WI- January 17, 2013- Every year, a survey of the top 50 cities which have been frequently treated for bed bug infestations is put together.
In 2012, Milwaukee jumped 13 spots from 2011 to number 19 on the list. This is particularly concerning because it means that bed bug infestations are on the rise. Jason Freels, Bed Bug Services Manager at “Batzner Pest Management” and “Batzner Bed Bug Services”, Inc. noted, “We have experienced a 100 percent increase in the amount of bed bug calls each year, over the last 4 years.” This epidemic can likely be explained by an increase in international travel, the exchange of used furniture, as well as decreased effectiveness of over-the-counter pesticides. It is important to be cautious when traveling, and to realize that bed bugs can also be found in places like airplanes, kitchens, bathrooms, movie theatres, and more.
Chicago came in number one in 2012, replacing Cincinnati on the list of cities most frequently treated for bed bugs. Close behind are Detroit, Los Angeles, and Denver. Surprisingly, the largest city in America, New York, only ranked number 10.
A bed bug infestation may spread quickly if someone does not realize they have encountered bed bugs. Bed bug bites affect people differently, so it is important to recognize the signs of a bed bug infestation and be proactive about treating the problem. Bed bugs are small, reddish-brown, multi-sized and multi-shaped bugs. Signs of an infestation include small dark spots on sheets or other areas around a bed. Eggs, cast skins, carcasses, and live bed bugs may also be seen.
If you are experiencing problems with bed bugs, it is best to seek help from a professional pest management company. Batzner Bed Bug Services provides “commercial” and “residential” bed bug services, proven effective in controlling bed bug infestations.
For more information about pests and pest management, contact Jason Freels at Batzner Bed Bug Services, Inc. at 262-797-4160 or visit Batzner’s website at http://www.batzner.com
Batzner Bed Bug Services, Inc.
Address: 16948 W. Victor Rd
New Berlin, WI 53151
Industry: Pest Control
# # #
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016