News Release: Surgical Oncologist Miraj Shah-Khan joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Kraemer Cancer Center and Community Memorial
Miraj Shah-Khan, M.D., has been recently been appointed an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Surgical Oncology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She sees patients at Froedert Health St. Joseph’s Hospital’s Kramer Cancer Center in West Bend, and at the Cancer Center at Froedtert Health Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls.
Board certified in general surgery, Dr. Shah-Khan specializes in the treatment of benign and malignant breast disease. Her research includes investigation of lobular neoplasia as well as mammographic density, a risk factor for the development of breast cancer.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Shah-Khan completed a breast surgical oncology fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. She also spent two dedicated research years as a fellow at the National Institutes of Health’s National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Md.
After earning her M.D. from Rush Medical College in Chicago in 2003, Dr. Shah-Khan completed her residency in surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago and Metropolitan Group Hospitals in 2010. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in chemical engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology in 1999.
Dr. Shah-Khan has been recognized by the American Society of Breast Surgeons for her work on lobular neoplasia with the prestigious George Peters Award for best presentation by a fellow, as well as the Scientific Impact award for the publication with greatest scientific impact presented at the 2012 national meeting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study