Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – RichWoods; President Elect – Dave Eppelsheimer; Vice president – Eli Potkonjak; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Taylor Poehls.
Directors: Bob Gross, Warren Carity, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz, Ed Ellingson, John Foley
Looking forward to the meeting of January 15, 2013
January 10 – Board of directors at Alioto's
January 15 – John Cable is going to tell us "the things your broker never told you."
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: It was a long time since we had a meeting. Tom Anstett, Jennifer Wakefield, and Warren Carity had birthdays in the meantime. Tom and Jennifer paid up this week. Warren sent in as many dollars as years. Happy dollars came in from John Foley for his grandson's birthday, from Gary Knisbeck for the return of Peter Brusky from Australia, and from Peter himself for being back and for his discovery that his Antipodean daughter is expecting Peter's thirteenth grandchild.
Heidi Mayer, Executive Director of Lutheran Home Foundation, was our guest today. Heidi told us how the Foundation hopes to buy iPods and iPads for residents' use and showed us how they can have great therapeutic results. On behalf of the Club, Larry Schneider presented a check in the amount of $300 to Heidi to show our thanks for use of the Lutheran Home facility for our Wine and Beer Tasting event.
Member news: Carl Smith reported that he planned to pick up Warren Carity to visit Gary Krueger, but Warren didn't feel up to it. Gary is still in rehab and will be for a while. Taylor Poehls got a best-of award. You can read about it at http://brookfield-wi.patch.com/announcements/taylor-j-poehls-dc-cktp-named-top-chiropractor-in-best-of-milwaukee-2012.
Division business: President Rich gave us a preview of changes we can expect. There are proposals to combine Divisions 6 and 8 into a new Division 2, but there will be two lieutenant governors.
Interclub: Plan on a visit to Brookfield one Tuesday this month.
Pancakes: Tickets are coming soon. This year's flyer with all the essential information is attached.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- Jason Kofroth Announces Candidacy for Wauwatosa's 7th District Aldermanic Seat
- Don’t Get A Holiday Dish Served Cold – Hire The Right Catering Service
- Christopher Noble, of Wauwatosa, Joins R.A. Smith National as Controller