Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – RichWoods; President Elect – Dave Eppelsheimer; Vice president – Eli Potkonjak; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Taylor Poehls.
Directors: Bob Gross, Warren Carity, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz, Ed Ellingson, John Foley
Looking forward to the meeting of January 15, 2013
January 10 – Board of directors at Alioto's
January 15 – John Cable is going to tell us "the things your broker never told you."
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: It was a long time since we had a meeting. Tom Anstett, Jennifer Wakefield, and Warren Carity had birthdays in the meantime. Tom and Jennifer paid up this week. Warren sent in as many dollars as years. Happy dollars came in from John Foley for his grandson's birthday, from Gary Knisbeck for the return of Peter Brusky from Australia, and from Peter himself for being back and for his discovery that his Antipodean daughter is expecting Peter's thirteenth grandchild.
Heidi Mayer, Executive Director of Lutheran Home Foundation, was our guest today. Heidi told us how the Foundation hopes to buy iPods and iPads for residents' use and showed us how they can have great therapeutic results. On behalf of the Club, Larry Schneider presented a check in the amount of $300 to Heidi to show our thanks for use of the Lutheran Home facility for our Wine and Beer Tasting event.
Member news: Carl Smith reported that he planned to pick up Warren Carity to visit Gary Krueger, but Warren didn't feel up to it. Gary is still in rehab and will be for a while. Taylor Poehls got a best-of award. You can read about it at http://brookfield-wi.patch.com/announcements/taylor-j-poehls-dc-cktp-named-top-chiropractor-in-best-of-milwaukee-2012.
Division business: President Rich gave us a preview of changes we can expect. There are proposals to combine Divisions 6 and 8 into a new Division 2, but there will be two lieutenant governors.
Interclub: Plan on a visit to Brookfield one Tuesday this month.
Pancakes: Tickets are coming soon. This year's flyer with all the essential information is attached.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015