Pastor Kathleen Rinear of Brookfield Congregational Church (BCC) presented a check for $2,365 to Betsy Ellis, President of the Board – Habitat for Humanity of Waukesha County. Habitat was one of four agencies that benefited from BCC’s Advent and Christmas alternative giving program called, “Festival of Missions Giving.”
“We asked our people to redirect a portion of their Christmas giving to touch the lives of others,” Rev. Rinear explained. Guest House of Milwaukee, an outreach program for homeless men, and The Women’s Center of Waukesha were also recipients of the program. A fourth organization, The Northwestern chapter of the Global Architecture Brigades also received funds to help build a medical facility in remote Honduras.
Frank D. Cummins, son of Dr. Frank and Marilyn Cummins of Brookfield, is president of the Northwestern Chapter. “The people we are helping have to hitchhike for over 120 miles to obtain health and dental care,” Cummins reported.
An introduction to the Festival, "When Hope Comes," along with presentations by the four agencies are posted on BCCs YouTube channel which can be reached though the church web site at www.brookcc.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park