Vascular Surgeon Cheong Jun Lee joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center staff
Cheong Jun Lee, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of surgery (vascular surgery) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Froedtert Hospital and the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Board certified in surgery, Dr. Lee’s clinical interests include management of aortic aneurysms and arterial atherosclerosis, peripheral arterial disease, and carotid artery disease. His research interests include clinical outcomes and emerging technology related to endovascular aortic procedures and cerebrovascular revascularization procedures. He has expertise in complex, minimally invasive, catheter directed treatment of arterial blockages and aneurysms.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Lee completed a vascular surgery fellowship at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago.
After earning his M.D. from the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, Mich., in 2003, Dr. Lee completed a residency in general surgery at University of Michigan Hospitals in 2010. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from the University of Michigan in 1999.
In 2011 and 2012, Dr. Lee received the Fellow As Teacher Award and the Edelstone-Bendix research prize from Northwestern University’s Department of Surgery. He also received numerous awards as a resident at the University of Michigan, including the department of surgery’s Robert H. Bartlett Teaching Award and James W. Crudup Award for Excellence in Surgical Research in 2010.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You