Vascular Surgeon Cheong Jun Lee joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center staff
Cheong Jun Lee, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of surgery (vascular surgery) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Froedtert Hospital and the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Board certified in surgery, Dr. Lee’s clinical interests include management of aortic aneurysms and arterial atherosclerosis, peripheral arterial disease, and carotid artery disease. His research interests include clinical outcomes and emerging technology related to endovascular aortic procedures and cerebrovascular revascularization procedures. He has expertise in complex, minimally invasive, catheter directed treatment of arterial blockages and aneurysms.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Lee completed a vascular surgery fellowship at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago.
After earning his M.D. from the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, Mich., in 2003, Dr. Lee completed a residency in general surgery at University of Michigan Hospitals in 2010. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from the University of Michigan in 1999.
In 2011 and 2012, Dr. Lee received the Fellow As Teacher Award and the Edelstone-Bendix research prize from Northwestern University’s Department of Surgery. He also received numerous awards as a resident at the University of Michigan, including the department of surgery’s Robert H. Bartlett Teaching Award and James W. Crudup Award for Excellence in Surgical Research in 2010.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study