January 7, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UW-Waukesha Lunt-Fontanne Ensemble Theatre
Announces Auditions for Spring Comedy, Unnecessary Farce
WAUKESHA - The University of Wisconsin-Waukesha’s Theatre Department announces auditions for Unnecessary Farce, a comedy by Paul Slade Smith, full of mix-ups and mayhem that has been described as “Two cops. Three crooks. Eight doors. Go!”
Auditions for the Lunt-Fontanne Ensemble production of Unnecessary Farce will be held by appointment only on Wednesday, January 30 and Thursday, January 31. There are roles for four men and three women, all ages and types. Auditions are open to community members as well as UW-Waukesha students.
Contact director and associate professor Steve Decker at 262-521-5209 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to audition.
Auditions will take place in the theatre and will consist of a reading from the script with other actors and/or actors may prepare a monologue of their choice. Electronic copies of the script are available in advance.
Rehearsals will begin in February and are usually held in the evening on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, with some rehearsals added as the production opening approaches. There are also many opportunities off stage as well, and college credit is available for participation.
Unnecessary Farce will be performed at 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 15 and Saturday, March 16 and at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 17 in the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre on the UW-Waukesha campus, 1500 N. University Drive, Waukesha.
The UW-Waukesha Lunt-Fontanne Ensemble presents a wide variety of productions. As a college theatre program, education is the primary goal, and shows are produced in a variety of genres.
UW–Waukesha has the largest enrollment among the 13 UW Colleges campuses with more than 2,000 students. These freshman/sophomore campuses and UW Colleges Online comprise the UW Colleges. They offer an associate of arts and sciences degree and prepare students of all ages and backgrounds for baccalaureate and professional programs. In addition, UW-Waukesha offers several collaborative bachelor’s degrees through UW-Milwaukee and UW-Oshkosh.
For information about programs, admission or financial aid, contact the Student Services office at 262-521-5040 or visit the Web at www.waukesha.uwc.edu. You can follow the campus on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UWWaukesha or Twitter at www.twitter.com/UWWaukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation