Pediatric Endocrinologist Rosanna Fiallo-Scharer joins Medical College faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Staff
Rosanna V. Fiallo-Scharer, M.D., has been appointed associate professor of pediatrics (endocrinology) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in pediatrics and pediatric endocrinology, Dr. Fiallo-Scharer’s clinical interests include diabetes, adrenal disorders and disorders of sexual differentiation. Her recent research has focused on continuous glucose monitoring and the genetics of type 1 diabetes. From 2006 to 2010, she was a co-investigator on the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation’s Artificial Pancreas Project and is now the Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Program at MCW.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Fiallo-Scharer was associate professor of pediatrics at the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes at University of Colorado School of Medicine in Aurora, Colo.
After earning her M.D. from Universidad Nacional Pedro Henriquez Ureña in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, in 1989, Dr. Fiallo-Scharer completed a residency in pediatrics at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, N.J. She also completed a clinical fellowship in pediatric endocrinology at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill-Cornell Medical Center in New York in 1998.
Dr. Fiallo-Scharer has been active with the American Diabetes Association (ADA) at a national level. She served on the Youth Information and Resource Team for five years and on the Joint Task Force of the Youth Strategies Committee and the Latino Initiatives Committee for three years. She also volunteered on the medical staff of the ADA’s Camp Colorado from 2002 through 2009.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential