Pediatric Endocrinologist Rosanna Fiallo-Scharer joins Medical College faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Staff
Rosanna V. Fiallo-Scharer, M.D., has been appointed associate professor of pediatrics (endocrinology) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in pediatrics and pediatric endocrinology, Dr. Fiallo-Scharer’s clinical interests include diabetes, adrenal disorders and disorders of sexual differentiation. Her recent research has focused on continuous glucose monitoring and the genetics of type 1 diabetes. From 2006 to 2010, she was a co-investigator on the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation’s Artificial Pancreas Project and is now the Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Program at MCW.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Fiallo-Scharer was associate professor of pediatrics at the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes at University of Colorado School of Medicine in Aurora, Colo.
After earning her M.D. from Universidad Nacional Pedro Henriquez Ureña in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, in 1989, Dr. Fiallo-Scharer completed a residency in pediatrics at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, N.J. She also completed a clinical fellowship in pediatric endocrinology at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill-Cornell Medical Center in New York in 1998.
Dr. Fiallo-Scharer has been active with the American Diabetes Association (ADA) at a national level. She served on the Youth Information and Resource Team for five years and on the Joint Task Force of the Youth Strategies Committee and the Latino Initiatives Committee for three years. She also volunteered on the medical staff of the ADA’s Camp Colorado from 2002 through 2009.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military