The fifth annual Strikes for Hope Charity Bowling Tournament will be held Saturday, Jan. 19, at AMF Bowlero in Wauwatosa. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center to benefit cancer research.
Brothers Dave and Brian Ellenbecker began planning the charity event after their mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer in 2006. She recovered, and Strikes for Hope was launched. To date, the organization has raised nearly $80,000 for cancer research.
The entry fee is $10 per person, which covers bowling and shoe rental, and each bowler is asked to raise a minimum of $25 in donations. Bowlers can choose to start at noon or 3:00 pm. Registration is at 11:30 and 2:30, and anyone can participate. Prizes will be given to the team that raises the most money as well as to the best bowlers.
AMF Bowlero is located at 11737 W. Burleigh Ave. in Wauwatosa.
To register for the event, go to http://www.strikesforhope.com/index.php/events. Online registration ends January 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Residents Perform At Sunset Playhouse
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research