The fifth annual Strikes for Hope Charity Bowling Tournament will be held Saturday, Jan. 19, at AMF Bowlero in Wauwatosa. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center to benefit cancer research.
Brothers Dave and Brian Ellenbecker began planning the charity event after their mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer in 2006. She recovered, and Strikes for Hope was launched. To date, the organization has raised nearly $80,000 for cancer research.
The entry fee is $10 per person, which covers bowling and shoe rental, and each bowler is asked to raise a minimum of $25 in donations. Bowlers can choose to start at noon or 3:00 pm. Registration is at 11:30 and 2:30, and anyone can participate. Prizes will be given to the team that raises the most money as well as to the best bowlers.
AMF Bowlero is located at 11737 W. Burleigh Ave. in Wauwatosa.
To register for the event, go to http://www.strikesforhope.com/index.php/events. Online registration ends January 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All animal lovers welcome to WAUMC's blessing of the pets
- Drug discovery and genetic engineering: Science Café series scheduled
- Learn Your Working Style, Rule Your Universe
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Researchers discover new gene responsible for traits involved in diabetes
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Treating post-traumatic stress disorder
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary