The fifth annual Strikes for Hope Charity Bowling Tournament will be held Saturday, Jan. 19, at AMF Bowlero in Wauwatosa. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center to benefit cancer research.
Brothers Dave and Brian Ellenbecker began planning the charity event after their mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer in 2006. She recovered, and Strikes for Hope was launched. To date, the organization has raised nearly $80,000 for cancer research.
The entry fee is $10 per person, which covers bowling and shoe rental, and each bowler is asked to raise a minimum of $25 in donations. Bowlers can choose to start at noon or 3:00 pm. Registration is at 11:30 and 2:30, and anyone can participate. Prizes will be given to the team that raises the most money as well as to the best bowlers.
AMF Bowlero is located at 11737 W. Burleigh Ave. in Wauwatosa.
To register for the event, go to http://www.strikesforhope.com/index.php/events. Online registration ends January 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals