The fifth annual Strikes for Hope Charity Bowling Tournament will be held Saturday, Jan. 19, at AMF Bowlero in Wauwatosa. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center to benefit cancer research.
Brothers Dave and Brian Ellenbecker began planning the charity event after their mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer in 2006. She recovered, and Strikes for Hope was launched. To date, the organization has raised nearly $80,000 for cancer research.
The entry fee is $10 per person, which covers bowling and shoe rental, and each bowler is asked to raise a minimum of $25 in donations. Bowlers can choose to start at noon or 3:00 pm. Registration is at 11:30 and 2:30, and anyone can participate. Prizes will be given to the team that raises the most money as well as to the best bowlers.
AMF Bowlero is located at 11737 W. Burleigh Ave. in Wauwatosa.
To register for the event, go to http://www.strikesforhope.com/index.php/events. Online registration ends January 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME