The fifth annual Strikes for Hope Charity Bowling Tournament will be held Saturday, Jan. 19, at AMF Bowlero in Wauwatosa. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center to benefit cancer research.
Brothers Dave and Brian Ellenbecker began planning the charity event after their mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer in 2006. She recovered, and Strikes for Hope was launched. To date, the organization has raised nearly $80,000 for cancer research.
The entry fee is $10 per person, which covers bowling and shoe rental, and each bowler is asked to raise a minimum of $25 in donations. Bowlers can choose to start at noon or 3:00 pm. Registration is at 11:30 and 2:30, and anyone can participate. Prizes will be given to the team that raises the most money as well as to the best bowlers.
AMF Bowlero is located at 11737 W. Burleigh Ave. in Wauwatosa.
To register for the event, go to http://www.strikesforhope.com/index.php/events. Online registration ends January 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kiwanis Club of Wauwatosa Public Welcome
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Family medicine specialist David Goldstein joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty
- Corporate Technology Solutions Hires Germino
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist Julian De Lia joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
- Make Father’s Day Smoke-Free (An Uphill Battle)
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Mequon Mother and Daughter Duo to Appear in One Act Play Festival