Wauwatosa native Paul Hoffman will talk about his new historical true-crime book "Murder in Wauwatosa: The Mysterious Death of Buddy Schumacher" at the Tuesday, Jan. 8, general meeting of the Wauwatosa Historical Society. The meeting is at 7 p.m. at the First Congregational Church, 1511 Church St., and all are welcome.
Hoffman is the special publications editor for the Daily Journal in Franklin, Ind. He grew up on Hillcrest Drive and is a 1981 Tosa East graduate.
His book expands on a series Hoffman wrote for Wauwatosa NOW in 2010 on the death of 8-year-old Arthur (Buddy) Schumacher in 1925. No one was ever convicted of his murder. Hoffman's book takes readers back to the period and vividly tells of sensationalistic newspaper coverage of the case.
Hoffman has a personal connection to the story: His father bought the family's former home in Wauwatosa from Buddy Schumacher's father.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council