Wauwatosa native Paul Hoffman will talk about his new historical true-crime book "Murder in Wauwatosa: The Mysterious Death of Buddy Schumacher" at the Tuesday, Jan. 8, general meeting of the Wauwatosa Historical Society. The meeting is at 7 p.m. at the First Congregational Church, 1511 Church St., and all are welcome.
Hoffman is the special publications editor for the Daily Journal in Franklin, Ind. He grew up on Hillcrest Drive and is a 1981 Tosa East graduate.
His book expands on a series Hoffman wrote for Wauwatosa NOW in 2010 on the death of 8-year-old Arthur (Buddy) Schumacher in 1925. No one was ever convicted of his murder. Hoffman's book takes readers back to the period and vividly tells of sensationalistic newspaper coverage of the case.
Hoffman has a personal connection to the story: His father bought the family's former home in Wauwatosa from Buddy Schumacher's father.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic