Wauwatosa native Paul Hoffman will talk about his new historical true-crime book "Murder in Wauwatosa: The Mysterious Death of Buddy Schumacher" at the Tuesday, Jan. 8, general meeting of the Wauwatosa Historical Society. The meeting is at 7 p.m. at the First Congregational Church, 1511 Church St., and all are welcome.
Hoffman is the special publications editor for the Daily Journal in Franklin, Ind. He grew up on Hillcrest Drive and is a 1981 Tosa East graduate.
His book expands on a series Hoffman wrote for Wauwatosa NOW in 2010 on the death of 8-year-old Arthur (Buddy) Schumacher in 1925. No one was ever convicted of his murder. Hoffman's book takes readers back to the period and vividly tells of sensationalistic newspaper coverage of the case.
Hoffman has a personal connection to the story: His father bought the family's former home in Wauwatosa from Buddy Schumacher's father.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Researchers discover new gene responsible for traits involved in diabetes
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Treating post-traumatic stress disorder
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- “Get Your Rear in Gear” run/walk for colon cancer prevention and research
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014