Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration to Feature Orthopaedic Surgeon and Former Astronaut, Dr. Robert L. Satcher, Jr.
The Medical College of Wisconsin’s 26th annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration will be held Monday, January 21 from 4:30 until 6:00 p.m. in the Health Research Center (HRC) Auditorium.
This year’s celebration will feature Robert L. Satcher, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., orthopaedic surgeon in oncology and former NASA astronaut.
Dr. Satcher holds a doctorate in chemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a medical degree from Harvard Medical School. He completed an internship, residency and postdoctoral research fellowship at the University of California, Berkley and an orthopaedic oncology fellowship at the University of Florida.
Dr. Satcher fulfilled a lifelong dream and became the first orthopaedic surgeon in space when he traveled aboard the space shuttle Atlantis to the International Space Station in 2009, where he participated in two spacewalks.
The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration is hosted by the Medical College’s Office of Student Affairs and Diversity. It is free and open to the public. A reception in the cafeteria lobby will follow the celebration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland