Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration to Feature Orthopaedic Surgeon and Former Astronaut, Dr. Robert L. Satcher, Jr.
The Medical College of Wisconsin’s 26th annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration will be held Monday, January 21 from 4:30 until 6:00 p.m. in the Health Research Center (HRC) Auditorium.
This year’s celebration will feature Robert L. Satcher, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., orthopaedic surgeon in oncology and former NASA astronaut.
Dr. Satcher holds a doctorate in chemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a medical degree from Harvard Medical School. He completed an internship, residency and postdoctoral research fellowship at the University of California, Berkley and an orthopaedic oncology fellowship at the University of Florida.
Dr. Satcher fulfilled a lifelong dream and became the first orthopaedic surgeon in space when he traveled aboard the space shuttle Atlantis to the International Space Station in 2009, where he participated in two spacewalks.
The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration is hosted by the Medical College’s Office of Student Affairs and Diversity. It is free and open to the public. A reception in the cafeteria lobby will follow the celebration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation