Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration to Feature Orthopaedic Surgeon and Former Astronaut, Dr. Robert L. Satcher, Jr.
The Medical College of Wisconsin’s 26th annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration will be held Monday, January 21 from 4:30 until 6:00 p.m. in the Health Research Center (HRC) Auditorium.
This year’s celebration will feature Robert L. Satcher, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., orthopaedic surgeon in oncology and former NASA astronaut.
Dr. Satcher holds a doctorate in chemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a medical degree from Harvard Medical School. He completed an internship, residency and postdoctoral research fellowship at the University of California, Berkley and an orthopaedic oncology fellowship at the University of Florida.
Dr. Satcher fulfilled a lifelong dream and became the first orthopaedic surgeon in space when he traveled aboard the space shuttle Atlantis to the International Space Station in 2009, where he participated in two spacewalks.
The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration is hosted by the Medical College’s Office of Student Affairs and Diversity. It is free and open to the public. A reception in the cafeteria lobby will follow the celebration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22