Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration to Feature Orthopaedic Surgeon and Former Astronaut, Dr. Robert L. Satcher, Jr.
The Medical College of Wisconsin’s 26th annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration will be held Monday, January 21 from 4:30 until 6:00 p.m. in the Health Research Center (HRC) Auditorium.
This year’s celebration will feature Robert L. Satcher, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., orthopaedic surgeon in oncology and former NASA astronaut.
Dr. Satcher holds a doctorate in chemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a medical degree from Harvard Medical School. He completed an internship, residency and postdoctoral research fellowship at the University of California, Berkley and an orthopaedic oncology fellowship at the University of Florida.
Dr. Satcher fulfilled a lifelong dream and became the first orthopaedic surgeon in space when he traveled aboard the space shuttle Atlantis to the International Space Station in 2009, where he participated in two spacewalks.
The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration is hosted by the Medical College’s Office of Student Affairs and Diversity. It is free and open to the public. A reception in the cafeteria lobby will follow the celebration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th