With the collapse of the Soviet Union, Cuba lost much of it’s energy source. The film “The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil” will be shown at the Earth Ministry Movie Night at the Unitarian Universalist Church West on Friday evening January 18. This film explores what one country did to reduce its dependence on its energy supplies and what we can learn from it. How would we grow our food; how would we get to work; how would we generate electricity? This film shows what can be done to respond to a real life energy crisis as demonstrated by another country. It tells of the hardships and struggles of the people during this difficult time and how they rose to the challenge. Discussion will follow of what we can do in our community.
UUCW is located at 13001 W. North Ave, Brookfield and is handicap accessible. For more information contact the church office, email@example.com or 262 782-3535.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"