With the collapse of the Soviet Union, Cuba lost much of it’s energy source. The film “The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil” will be shown at the Earth Ministry Movie Night at the Unitarian Universalist Church West on Friday evening January 18. This film explores what one country did to reduce its dependence on its energy supplies and what we can learn from it. How would we grow our food; how would we get to work; how would we generate electricity? This film shows what can be done to respond to a real life energy crisis as demonstrated by another country. It tells of the hardships and struggles of the people during this difficult time and how they rose to the challenge. Discussion will follow of what we can do in our community.
UUCW is located at 13001 W. North Ave, Brookfield and is handicap accessible. For more information contact the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org or 262 782-3535.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements