With the collapse of the Soviet Union, Cuba lost much of it’s energy source. The film “The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil” will be shown at the Earth Ministry Movie Night at the Unitarian Universalist Church West on Friday evening January 18. This film explores what one country did to reduce its dependence on its energy supplies and what we can learn from it. How would we grow our food; how would we get to work; how would we generate electricity? This film shows what can be done to respond to a real life energy crisis as demonstrated by another country. It tells of the hardships and struggles of the people during this difficult time and how they rose to the challenge. Discussion will follow of what we can do in our community.
UUCW is located at 13001 W. North Ave, Brookfield and is handicap accessible. For more information contact the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org or 262 782-3535.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You