Before there was Grease and High School Musical, there was Bye Bye Birdie. Wisconsin Hills Middle School presents Bye Bye Birdie at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts on January 31st, February 1st at 7pm and February 2nd at 4pm.
Bye Bye Birdie is one of the most endearing musicals of our time. It’s the story set in the 1950’s of teen idol rock-n-roll singer, Conrad Birdie, who is drafted into the army, temporarily leaving behind his music career and swooning teen girl fans. It’s timeless message of media, celebrity, true love, small-town America and generational differences create a fun satire. “Generally what makes a show a BIG Broadway success is timelessness!” said Matthew Lucas, director. “This story is absolutely still relevant today, and you can hear it just walking down the halls of WHMS. Rock star Conrad Birdie is the 1950’s equivalent of Justin Bieber, One Direction or any other teen heartthrob of today.”
This PTO supported Wisconsin Hills Middle School production is performed by the students, from the singing to the stage crew. Behind the scenes are many dedicated parent volunteers pulling it all together. Tickets go on sale starting January 2nd at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center box office by calling (262) 781-9520 or online at http://www.wilson-center.com Tickets are $10 adults, $7 students.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- Jason Kofroth Announces Candidacy for Wauwatosa's 7th District Aldermanic Seat
- Don’t Get A Holiday Dish Served Cold – Hire The Right Catering Service
- Christopher Noble, of Wauwatosa, Joins R.A. Smith National as Controller