We are concerned about the planned development of a four-story apartment/retail complex at 1463 Underwood Ave. We believe that such a structure is inappropriate for that location and does not fit into a balanced approach to community development.
The Wauwatosa Village is made up of many unique buildings which embody its history and character. We have a responsibility to preserve that character in any additional development that is approved. The huge modern boxy structure planned at that site would dominate that entire location, and in addition, is simply very unattractive.
We also ask the planners to consider the increase in traffic and crowding that would be brought by such a large development at that already busy corner, and the precedent it would set for further development in the village. We hope input from the neighbors on Church St., in particular, will be taken seriously. Their quality of life and property values will be directly impacted with a four story wall abutting their property lines.
We urge the Community Development Authority and city officials to proceed cautiously and take time to seek other more moderate proposals for that site that would enhance the historical character of the village. It is an important site with much potential. Let’s do it right.
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Performer Steve Girman at the Wauwatosa Public Library
- Marquette student from Menomonee Falls "Plays it forward" in support of Youth Sports Camp
- Taiwan Excellence Comes to Summerfest
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin Celebrate Project SEARCH Completion Ceremony for Adults With Disabilities
- Electricity Program at Wauwatosa Library
- Bessie Turns 100!
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Pro Skateboarder to visit Tosa Skatepark