We are concerned about the planned development of a four-story apartment/retail complex at 1463 Underwood Ave. We believe that such a structure is inappropriate for that location and does not fit into a balanced approach to community development.
The Wauwatosa Village is made up of many unique buildings which embody its history and character. We have a responsibility to preserve that character in any additional development that is approved. The huge modern boxy structure planned at that site would dominate that entire location, and in addition, is simply very unattractive.
We also ask the planners to consider the increase in traffic and crowding that would be brought by such a large development at that already busy corner, and the precedent it would set for further development in the village. We hope input from the neighbors on Church St., in particular, will be taken seriously. Their quality of life and property values will be directly impacted with a four story wall abutting their property lines.
We urge the Community Development Authority and city officials to proceed cautiously and take time to seek other more moderate proposals for that site that would enhance the historical character of the village. It is an important site with much potential. Let’s do it right.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Memory, Vision and Obesity: 2015 Women in Science Series Scheduled
- MCW names new vice president and general counsel
- Wauwatosa HS Mens Lacrosse opens season with a 12-6 victory over Brookfield Lacrosse
- Potty Training Tips for Toddlers
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story