PEWAUKEE, WI (December 21, 2012) – Waterstone Mortgage Corporation is pleased to announce that the company has donated toys and other gifts to the children staying at the Milwaukee Rescue Mission’s Joy House.
Waterstone Mortgage employees donated unwrapped toys, games, and other gifts as part of the company’s first-ever “Toys for Joy” charity toy drive. The collected gifts were given to Joy House on December 21, just in time for the holidays.
“All children deserve a happy and bright holiday season,” said Eric Egenhoefer, President of Waterstone Mortgage. “We are proud to donate to a charitable organization that helps women and children get back on their feet and greatly enjoyed the opportunity to give back to our community for the holidays.”
The donation helps support the mission of Joy House to help families become self-sufficient and stable. Joy House opened its doors in 1991 as part of the Milwaukee Rescue Mission’s expansion and was created to meet urgent needs of homeless mothers and their children. Through contributions from caring supporters, Joy House provides shelter, food, and clothing along with education and assistance to mothers in their search for housing, jobs, and purpose for their lives. Over the past 20 years, more than 5,000 families have found rest and hope at Joy House.
“We are so grateful to our friends at Waterstone Mortgage for collecting these beautiful toys for the children at our Joy House family shelter. For our Christmas celebration, we will be able to share a holiday meal and wrapped gifts for thirty families in our shelter. With the help of Waterstone Mortgage, we are able to make what might otherwise be a difficult, cold and lonely season a holiday filled with warmth and cheer," said Patrick Vanderburgh, Executive Director at the Milwaukee Rescue Mission.
To learn more about Waterstone Mortgage, visit www.WaterstoneMortgage.com.
About Waterstone Mortgage Corporation:
Waterstone Mortgage Corporation is an innovative, strong, and secure mortgage lending company that has maintained a reputation for exceptional service and competitive mortgage financing. Since its inception in 2000, Waterstone Mortgage has grown to one of the largest mortgage lenders in the country with more than 550 employees in 11 states.
In 2011, the Business Journal of Milwaukee ranked Waterstone Mortgage as southeastern Wisconsin’s largest mortgage lender with more than $1 billion in annual origination volume. Headquartered in Pewaukee, Wisconsin, Waterstone Mortgage is a wholly owned subsidiary of WaterStone Bank SSB (NASDAQ: WSBF) with assets of more than $1.7 billion.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kiwanis Club of Wauwatosa Public Welcome
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Family medicine specialist David Goldstein joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty
- Corporate Technology Solutions Hires Germino
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist Julian De Lia joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
- Make Father’s Day Smoke-Free (An Uphill Battle)
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Mequon Mother and Daughter Duo to Appear in One Act Play Festival