Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Recognizes Tom Callen as 2012 “Spirit Of Volunteerism” Award Winner
The Milwaukee/NARI Foundation, Inc., the educational and charitable arm of the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., announced that Tom Callen, owner of Callen Construction, Inc. in Muskego, was the winner of the Foundation’s Spirit of Volunteerism Award. The award was presented at the Foundation’s annual holiday party on Dec. 7.
The award was created to recognize a person that embodies the following qualities:
• Donor of time and resources, plus demonstration of a strong commitment to community events that benefit the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation and the industry
• Provider of training and education within the industry in general, and the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation in particular
• Exhibitor of leadership, devotion, and dedication on behalf of the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation and its partners
• Willingness to share professional experience and expertise with other Milwaukee/NARI members
• Provider of assistance in the growth of the home improvement and remodeling industry
Greg Adamec, Milwaukee/NARI Foundation president, said Callen has been involved in the Foundation for nearly a decade. “During his tenure as a board member and an officer, Tom Callen has always offered to do what is needed,” Adamec said. “Whether it is participation in and sponsorship of Foundation events, donation of materials and staff assistance for the Rummage Sale, or serving as the leader of different community projects, Tom is always willing to do more than his fair share.
In addition to being a leader within the Foundation, Callen has played an active role in the chapter, serving on the board of directors and on the Finance Committee, along with being a regular participant in and sponsor of the associations consumer Shows. He has also encouraged several of his staff people to pursue and earn Certification through NARI.
“Outside of Milwaukee/NARI, Tom is heavily involved in the community, including sponsorship of and participation in a variety of activities, including a fashion show fundraiser that has net proceeds of more than $90,000 in its five year history,” Adamec said.
The goal of the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation is to promote public awareness of the home remodeling and improvement industry through educational programs and community activities and raise funds to support scholarships and grants to help encourage and train young people and displaced workers interested in the professional remodeling industry.
To carry out its purpose, the Foundation expends funds for the refinement and/or expansion of existing Milwaukee/NARI education programs, supports scholarships to assist professional training of individuals entering the home improvement and remodeling field, and embarks on activities judged necessary to insure an ample supply of professionally trained individuals.
Through various special events, including the annual Home Improvement Show raffle, Rummage Sale, Golf Outing, and Holiday Party, plus member contributions, the Foundation has provided more than $120,000 in scholarships, tools, and equipment for use by students and schools in southeastern Wisconsin. The Foundation has also established endowments at both Milwaukee Area Technical College and Waukesha County Technical College.
More information is available at www.milwaukeenarifoundation.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ