Otolaryngologist Michael McCormick joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
Michael E. McCormick, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of otolaryngology and communication sciences (pediatric otolaryngology) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee and at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin New Berlin Clinic.
Board-certified in otolaryngology, Dr. McCormick’s clinical interests include stridor, neonatal and pediatric airway disorders, pediatric sinusitis, sleep-disordered breathing, and congenital and acquired pediatric neck masses.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. McCormick completed a fellowship in pediatric otolaryngology at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
After earning his M.D. in 2006 from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Dr. McCormick completed a residency in otolaryngology and head and neck surgery at Wayne State University in Detroit in 2011. While at Wayne State University, he received the Teaching Resident of the Year Award from the Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery in 2011. Dr. McCormick also completed a pediatric otolaryngology fellowship at Children’s National Medical Center (Washington D.C.) in 2012.
He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biology from the University of Richmond in Richmond, Va., in 2002.
Dr. McCormick serves on the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Hand and Neck Surgery’s Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Committee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation