Cardiologist Nicole Lohr joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center staff
Nicole Lynn Lohr, M.D., Ph.D., has been appointed assistant professor of medicine (cardiovascular medicine) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She sees patients at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Lohr’s clinical interests include peripheral artery disease, women’s cardiovascular health and congestive heart failure. She is currently studying how low level light therapy may help prevent or reduce tissue damage that can occur when blood flow is restored after a heart attack.
Dr. Lohr completed a fellowship in cardiology at MCW prior to joining the faculty.
After earning her M.D. from MCW in 2006, Dr. Lohr completed a residency in internal medicine at Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals. She earned her Ph.D. in physiology at MCW in 2004.
In 2011, Dr. Lohr received the MCW internal medicine department’s Top 10 Teaching Housestaff award and MCW Affiliated Hospitals’ Housestaff Research Award. She also helped co-found a Women in Cardiology group at MCW to provide female cardiologists with a forum for discussing work, research and community outreach efforts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- April Math Awareness Month
- Dr. Yvonne Chiu Receives Dermatology Foundation Career Development Award
- Finale Music Notation Software for Beginners
- Mount Mary University Senior Candice Block Honored at Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Conference
- Friends of Hart Park to Host River Clean Up
- Take Care of Your Mouth
- Attend a free Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversation Family Concert
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- App Helps Children Accomplish Two Minutes of Brushing