Cardiologist Nicole Lohr joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center staff
Nicole Lynn Lohr, M.D., Ph.D., has been appointed assistant professor of medicine (cardiovascular medicine) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She sees patients at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Lohr’s clinical interests include peripheral artery disease, women’s cardiovascular health and congestive heart failure. She is currently studying how low level light therapy may help prevent or reduce tissue damage that can occur when blood flow is restored after a heart attack.
Dr. Lohr completed a fellowship in cardiology at MCW prior to joining the faculty.
After earning her M.D. from MCW in 2006, Dr. Lohr completed a residency in internal medicine at Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals. She earned her Ph.D. in physiology at MCW in 2004.
In 2011, Dr. Lohr received the MCW internal medicine department’s Top 10 Teaching Housestaff award and MCW Affiliated Hospitals’ Housestaff Research Award. She also helped co-found a Women in Cardiology group at MCW to provide female cardiologists with a forum for discussing work, research and community outreach efforts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study