Cardiologist Nicole Lohr joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center staff
Nicole Lynn Lohr, M.D., Ph.D., has been appointed assistant professor of medicine (cardiovascular medicine) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She sees patients at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Lohr’s clinical interests include peripheral artery disease, women’s cardiovascular health and congestive heart failure. She is currently studying how low level light therapy may help prevent or reduce tissue damage that can occur when blood flow is restored after a heart attack.
Dr. Lohr completed a fellowship in cardiology at MCW prior to joining the faculty.
After earning her M.D. from MCW in 2006, Dr. Lohr completed a residency in internal medicine at Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals. She earned her Ph.D. in physiology at MCW in 2004.
In 2011, Dr. Lohr received the MCW internal medicine department’s Top 10 Teaching Housestaff award and MCW Affiliated Hospitals’ Housestaff Research Award. She also helped co-found a Women in Cardiology group at MCW to provide female cardiologists with a forum for discussing work, research and community outreach efforts.
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Pro Skateboarder to visit Tosa Skatepark
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Studio Barcelona on Vliet Street in Washington Heights Opens to Offer Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Creative Workshops and Hand-painted Furniture
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- THE VELVETEEN RABBIT