Cardiologist Nicole Lohr joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center staff
Nicole Lynn Lohr, M.D., Ph.D., has been appointed assistant professor of medicine (cardiovascular medicine) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She sees patients at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Lohr’s clinical interests include peripheral artery disease, women’s cardiovascular health and congestive heart failure. She is currently studying how low level light therapy may help prevent or reduce tissue damage that can occur when blood flow is restored after a heart attack.
Dr. Lohr completed a fellowship in cardiology at MCW prior to joining the faculty.
After earning her M.D. from MCW in 2006, Dr. Lohr completed a residency in internal medicine at Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals. She earned her Ph.D. in physiology at MCW in 2004.
In 2011, Dr. Lohr received the MCW internal medicine department’s Top 10 Teaching Housestaff award and MCW Affiliated Hospitals’ Housestaff Research Award. She also helped co-found a Women in Cardiology group at MCW to provide female cardiologists with a forum for discussing work, research and community outreach efforts.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in June!
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse