Fund to benefit business owners affected by disaster
Carol White, IOM, President of the Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce (GBCC), announced at the Chamber’s annual meeting that, as the leading organization representing the interests of business in Brookfield, the Chamber has established the Brookfield Chamber Business Disaster Recovery Fund to support businesses in the community that experience a workplace tragedy.
“The initial proceeds of this fund will go to support Tami Gemmell, owner of Azana Salon and Spa, with expenses incurred in re-establishing her business. The Chamber acknowledges the need for the funds already established to help the victims and their families, and the Chamber board of directors felt it important to show their support to the business owner and the re-establishing of her business in the community,” said Carol White.
Tami Gemmell, owner of Azana, said, “This is yet another example of how the community has rallied around Azana Salon and Spa during this incredibly difficult time. I am so grateful for the support we have and are receiving. Thank you Brookfield Chamber of Commerce for recognizing the needs of businesses that experience tragedy.”
Donations can be made by companies and individuals to the Brookfield Chamber Business Disaster Recovery Fund at any North Shore Bank location under the account name “Brookfield Chamber Business Disaster Recovery Fund.” Contact Carol White, President of the Chamber, for additional details about The Fund.
The Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce operates with an active committee structure where Chamber Board Members and a group of committed Chamber members organize outstanding business events and networking opportunities for area companies. The Chamber also recognizes the value in creating collaborative partnerships with other chambers in Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties. These partnerships expand the reach, influence, and visibility of the Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce and provide additional benefits to its membership.
For additional information on the Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce, please contact Carol White, President, at 262-786-1886 or email@example.com. www.brookfieldchamber.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ