In order to strenthen reading comprehension, Angie Kolanko and Lynn Misirian of Madison Elementary are using a $3,261 grant from the Education foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW) to implement a new program. The program creates opportunities for parents to learn about the books being offered in the school library and classrooms which help parents assist their student with reading at home. Classroom books are also available to strenghen the reading of students through differentiation in the classroom.
For more information on the EFW, visit our website at www.tosaefw.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All animal lovers welcome to WAUMC's blessing of the pets
- Drug discovery and genetic engineering: Science Café series scheduled
- Learn Your Working Style, Rule Your Universe
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Researchers discover new gene responsible for traits involved in diabetes
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Treating post-traumatic stress disorder
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary