In order to strenthen reading comprehension, Angie Kolanko and Lynn Misirian of Madison Elementary are using a $3,261 grant from the Education foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW) to implement a new program. The program creates opportunities for parents to learn about the books being offered in the school library and classrooms which help parents assist their student with reading at home. Classroom books are also available to strenghen the reading of students through differentiation in the classroom.
For more information on the EFW, visit our website at www.tosaefw.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Researchers to explore new treatments for pancreatic cancer
- Milwaukee’s Archbishop Conducts Mass at Harwood Place
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Boatshed Lake Michigan Sponsors SUPA athletes support boat to cross Lake Michigan
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!
- Milwaukee Choristers to Hold Auditions
- The impact of housing on HIV status