The children and youth of Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave., will perform “Beneath a Shining Star”, a Christmas musical for young voices by Tom McBride and Susan Naylor Callaway, during the 9:45 a.m. worship service on Dec. 16.
The public is invited to this seasonal family program. Parking is available behind the church off of Underwood Avenue.
It's dress rehearsal time for this year's Christmas pageant and the stage manager is determined this cast of characters will be ready for their performance. They're all here – angels, shepherds and stars – but the one thing missing is the true meaning of Christmas. Enter Mary, Joseph, and the child in the manger for a warm reminder of that first Christmas night!
This 16-minute musical will feature WAUMC’s two children’s choirs and new youth ensemble. Sunday school students will tell the story through song and enthusiastic acting.
This year’s entertaining and heartfelt Christmas musical is again organized and directed by children’s and youth choir directors Sue Watson of Brookfield and Genevieve Jorn of Muskego.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is more than 400 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops. The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset Playhouse presents, direct from San Francisco, an evening of non-stop laughter: Will Durst in BOOMERAGING.
- "Shotgun Lovesongs" Book Discussion at Brookfield Library
- Easter Seals of Southeast Wisconsin to Honor Governor, Community Leaders for Supporting Its Mission
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Callen’s Muskego Showroom to Host Easter Bunny March 28
- Injury and cell damage in alcohol liver disease
- Lecture on Increase Lapham, Mapmaker at UWM
- Breen Wines Offers New Wine Event In Wauwatosa
- Milwaukee/NARI Discusses Radon – What You Should Know
- Nathan Hale Drama takes on Pippin