The children and youth of Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave., will perform “Beneath a Shining Star”, a Christmas musical for young voices by Tom McBride and Susan Naylor Callaway, during the 9:45 a.m. worship service on Dec. 16.
The public is invited to this seasonal family program. Parking is available behind the church off of Underwood Avenue.
It's dress rehearsal time for this year's Christmas pageant and the stage manager is determined this cast of characters will be ready for their performance. They're all here – angels, shepherds and stars – but the one thing missing is the true meaning of Christmas. Enter Mary, Joseph, and the child in the manger for a warm reminder of that first Christmas night!
This 16-minute musical will feature WAUMC’s two children’s choirs and new youth ensemble. Sunday school students will tell the story through song and enthusiastic acting.
This year’s entertaining and heartfelt Christmas musical is again organized and directed by children’s and youth choir directors Sue Watson of Brookfield and Genevieve Jorn of Muskego.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is more than 400 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops. The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study