The Dinner on the Mayflower food drive hosted by C.H. Coakley and Co., collected 5,500 pounds of non-perishable food items, as well as some cash donations, which benefited the Hunger Task Force’s Food for Families program.
“Our citywide food drive was again successful thanks to area businesses who jumped in and helped out when they were needed,” says Michael Coakley, managing partner at C.H. Coakley. “Sadly, there are many hungry families in Milwaukee; we are thankful for the opportunity to help put food on their tables.”
Businesses participated by hosting a barrel delivered by C.H. Coakley’s Mayflower Moving trucks, and encouraged employees and patrons of their businesses to donate a non-perishable food item or two. C.H. Coakley’s Mayflower trucks then picked up the full barrels and delivered them to the Hunger Task Force.
"Milwaukee is such a special city and during the holidays it's amazing to be a part of the community involvement. Thank you to everyone at C.H. Coakley, the businesses who participated and most of all, the folks who dropped food in the donation boxes. Together we all make a really big difference," said Sherrie Tussler, Executive Director of Hunger Task Force.
Participating Dinner on the Mayflower Businesses:
4-C For Children, Inc.
Badger Billing Services
Brewery Works/Schlitz Park
Grey Wolf Partners
Sisters of St. Francis
SP Design & Associates
Superior Support Services (SSR)
Tresses Hair Salon
Weiss Berzowski Brady
"Helping our community is a part of what we do as a company,” says Coakley. “If we all pitch in and help where it’s needed, Milwaukee will keep getting better.”
C.H. Coakley is a business management solutions firm located in Milwaukee, Wis. The firm has eight divisions; Mayflower long distance, warehouse, logistics, archive center, secure data services, document scanning, commercial moving and portable storage. C.H. Coakley provides a single-source solution for business operations, records management, commercial moving and storage needs and has served over 1,000 area businesses since the firm was founded by Charles H. Coakley in 1978. Visit www.chcoakley.com or call 414-372-7000 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure
- College announces plans for parking structure
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help
- Stamp Show celebrates club's 125th year
- Up and Coming Website for Teen Moms
- CTSI funds ovarian cancer research