The public is invited to a free performance of Lloyd Pfautsch’s "A Day for Dancing" at 9:45 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 9 at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1520 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa, Wis. Parking is available behind the church off of Underwood Avenue.
"A Day for Dancing" is a collection of medieval carols sung to celebrate the Christmas season and which were traditionally accompanied by dancing.
The WAUMC Chancel Choir will welcome soprano Tanya Kruse Ruck that day. Ruck is a member of the voice faculty at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and has performed multiple times with Skylight Music Theatre in Milwaukee.
Musical accompaniment will include flute, oboe, cello and percussion to create a light, almost hollow sound of contrasting timbres.
Please join us for this WAUMC program which is intended to create a festive sense of the Christmas story through carols and poetry.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members.
Today, the congregation is more than 400 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures. WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops.
The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME