Beginning December 6, 2012, the Community Room Art Gallery at Unitarian Universalist Church West will be hosting a mind-bending art exhibit from six local artists and photographers entitled Surrealism and Beyond. The exhibit incorporates surreal, illusory and flow of consciousness imagery that will delight, amuse and engross audiences of all ages.
California Zephyr, a painting by League of Milwaukee artist, Ellen FS Gilbert brings to mind the graphic, plane-shifting work of M.C. Escher. Perry Heideman’s series of photographs present a visual treat in images inspired by Lewis Carroll’s, Through the Looking Glass. Heideman is a board member of CoPA, Coalition of Photographic Artists. Steven Yeo and Cardi Toellner, also of CoPA, present striking manipulated photographs. Other art includes a watercolor by Carolyn Simpson of Wauwatosa Artists workshop and dreamlike oil paintings by Tom Neuwirth.
The Surrealism & Beyond Show may be viewed from December 6th – January 17th, at the artists’ reception, on Sundays from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm, or by arrangement. UUCW is located on the eastern edge of Brookfield at 13001 W. North Ave., minutes west of the North Avenue exit on Highway 45.
A reception for the artists and open to the public will be held at the gallery on Thursday, December 13th, 7:00 – 8:30 pm. The artists will be in attendance to answer any questions. Refreshments will be served.
The Unitarian Universalist Church West Community Room Gallery champions local and non-local emerging and established artists, and strives to build community through the visual arts. The gallery also provides a space for exhibiting artwork that grapples with issues of diversity, tolerance, and social justice, plus art that celebrates the planet and the interdependent web of all existence. Unitarian Universalist Church West values diversity and works to create peace and fight oppression.
For more information about Unitarian Universalist Church West see the church website at uucw.org, call the office(262) 782-3535, or email email@example.com To arrange a time to view show, contact the church office (262) 782-3535, ext. 10 or 17, or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Community Room Gallery, contact the church office See also http://www.uucw.org/community/music-visual-arts
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements